Organ Based Emergency and Critical Care
Date: Time: Venue: CAW LeedsCourse fee: £125 with early bird promotion (£265)
Spaces available. Book now
*The early bird discount is applied at the "Payment" stage of checkoutLecturer: Louise O'Dwyer ->
This full day course will look at specific organ systems from an emergency and critical care perspective, along with the commonly encountered diseases.
Topics covered will include respiratory distress patients, dealing with endocrine emergencies and renal and urinary tract emergencies.
Delegates will gain confidence and improved understanding within the following:
- Recognising and localising respiratory disease
- Selecting and performing emergency oxygen administration techniques
- Dealing with diabetic ketoacidosis and Addisonian crisis patients, including their assessment and stabilisation
- Understand the difference between acute and chronic kidney disease, including the treatment of anuria, oliguria and polyuria
- Gain knowledge on the managing the blocked patient