Parasites - Faecal Lab Training (IDEXX) - Half Day
Time: 3.00 CPD HoursCourse fee: £85
You will be provided with comprehensive course notes & study aids to support the practical skills learnt.
- Understand how to collect and prepare faecal samples for in-house or reference lab examination
- Carry out microbiology techniques;
- Faecal flotation technique for worm egg identification incompanion animal, and reptile samples.
- Modified McMasters technique for worm egg counts using acounting chamber in equine and livestock samples.
- The preparation and use of a microscope
- Examine fixed slides of some of the faecal parasites commonly found in faeces
Please come dressed appropriately for a practical course where you will be handling faeces.