The College of Animal Welfare are pleased to host an evening with Mandy Carr from the Scissor Boutique.
In this short seminar, Mandy will explain that all Scissors are not equal and the importance of having the right Scissors for you and the type of work you do. Scissors can be costly and this information will guide you to make more informed choices, in order to you save money and to not become a Scissor collector.
Mandy has 40 years’ experience in Scissors and the dog grooming industry and will be happy to answer questions from the floor.
This session will help you to:
- Understand more about the types of Scissors available and what they can do for you.
- Understand how the right Scissors can significantly improve your grooming skills.
- Realise the combinations of materials and designs will make a big difference to how they perform and the life span you get from your tools.
- Learn Scissor differences for earning a living – demonstrating or competition work.
- Discover more and improve your relationship with Scissors so they feel like a part of you.
- See how your past work and hobbies can hinder your progress and find out how to overcome these problems.
- Learn how to care for your Scissors and how to store them.
- Learn what products and things in the your salon can damage your Scissors.
- Guide you on what questions to ask when you are buying your Scissors? And likewise what questions to you ask when having your Scissors sharpened?
- Advise you how often your Scissors need sharpening and servicing?
- The cost of a good Scissor – How much should you spend on a your Scissors?
- Damage to Scissors explained and when its time to buy new.
- Tell you how to decide how long the Scissor blade should be for me.
- Offer exercises to help you improve your skills and much more.
We are lucky to be able to offer this unique experience that will benefit both groomers who are new to the industry and those already experienced in the field.
Mandy would love for any one attending to bring the scissors that they are using or going to use so you can interact and learn from the chair.
Refreshments will be available from 17.30pm