Veterinary Medicines - Quick-reference veterinary prescribing information
Time: 0.50 CPD HoursCourse fee: £20CPD category: Veterinary Nursing, Medical Nursing
Anyone who prescribes or supplies veterinary medicines needs easy access to up-to-date trustworthy prescribing information. This is not available from any single resource. Instead there is a need to use several different resources and to know the strengths and weaknesses of each.
By doing this course you will:
- understand how information on authorised medicines is produced - summaries of product characteristics (SPCs)and package leaflets;
- know what information these sources contain and how it is updated;
- understand the relationship between SPCs and data sheets;
- find out about the pros and cons of different sources of information and how they compare;
- know where to find information on human medicines;
- get tips on using prescribing information sources effectively.